The second component of the Classroom Series training focuses on deeper understanding and classroom assessment against the Baldrige Education Criteria.
Teacher Student Partnerships 2nd Edition
Purpose: To learn what it takes to engage students in partnering to build and continually improve the classroom learning system.
You can expect to leave with:
- Understanding of the parts, connections, and practices that make up a high-performing classroom learning system.
- At least three ways to engage your students in managing and improving the classroom learning system─ student goal setting, student data systems, student action plans, use of process improvement tools, etc.
- Baseline assessment of your classroom learning system using the Classroom Systems Check Level II and an analysis of the results as a basis for personal action planning.
- A guide for ongoing refinement and improvement of your classroom learning system using the JSA Classroom Learning System Walk-Through Guide and Formative Assessment.
Classroom teachers, program specialists, instructional support staff
Successful completion of the Continuous Classroom Improvement workshop and implementation of strategies learned
Required Materials for Participants:
- Teacher and Student Partnerships: Working Together to Build High Performing Classrooms 2nd Ed. Participant Workbook
- Classroom Learning System Walk-Through Guide and Formative Assessment
Additional Materials That Should Be Considered to Support Participant Learning: